Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple tour

Today we got to go to the Open House at the new temple. It is very pretty inside. Very modernized. I couldn't believe it. Such a different feeling from other temples I have been in.

This is Moroni. He was struck by lightning on the 13th of June. His arm and face are all black. I learned that all statues have a lightening rod on the top just in case stuff like this happens. He will be re-gilded before the dedication.

Front look of it. It is cloudly in Utah...again!

Aubrie was in Idaho so she didn't get to go. Here are the other kids.
Sometimes I like to get in a picture or two with the kids. Too bad Ashy had to take this.
All in all, it was a nice experience. It definately feels much more reverent w/o babies crying, people talking loud, being boisterous, murmuring...yes...murmuring. It never stops. Why even go huh? Anyways, nice to be in the Temple with my kids. Paige especially loved the cookie and water at the end!

3 comments:

  1. How neat! We went to a open house many years ago and I loved being in the Temple too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very neat thing to take the kids to. I wish there were more opportunities like that here.
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun. Can't wait until we go!

    ReplyDelete