Monday, July 27, 2009

This is for you Kathy!

This year I thought it would be fun to see if I could grow anything. I definately need to make a bigger garden next year, but I was testing out my green thumb. I planted a tomato plant because Paigey loves tomatoes. This has got to be the biggest plant I have ever seen. You would think with the size of it that Pace Salsa would be contacting me for some tomatoes. NO! On this BIG HUGE PLANT there are only a couple of tomatoes and they have been green forever! My neighbors is HALF THE SIZE and has TONS of red delicious tomatoes. Can someone tell me what I have done wrong? Ashlyn planted carrots. I don't think those will make it to full size since the girls keep eating them. We grew sweet peas and those are scarce. What ones do sprout are quickly eaten. Then, I planted a yellow squash. The plant is small and lame and just now I noticed a tiny little squash growing. I am hoping that next year Rob will make me a spot in the back yard to do a garden and maybe I will be able to be more successful!
(click on picture to see how big)
The HUGE tomato plant...with nothing to show for!

1 comment:

  1. Mine aren't that different from yours. Mine have green tomatoes that have been green for a week. Even my cherry tomatoes are staying green. I don't know what went wrong with my tomatoes either! Maybe it's too hot for them.

    ReplyDelete